Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Chanel Fall 2008

Good morning, Dear Reader! Since I officially wrapped up my summer colors with Chanel, I figured I'd start the Fall with Chanel's offerings as well.

Of course, these are by no means new news, but I haven't posted them here. They were the first Fall colors I picked up this year, and I bought them after inspecting each closely in the light at Chicago's Michigan Avenue Chanel boutique. On a whim one day, I took the short walk over there the week before they were expected to be online, and much to my pleasure, there they were waiting for me.

Initially, I almost passed on Fantastic because it's one of those colors that at first glance is not remarkable, but when held up to good light its special subtle shimmer appeared and I decided that it was unique enough to have.



Fool for metallics that I am, I could not resist Gold Fiction. I've been told be others that it takes four coats to be opaque, but that has not been my experience. This is two coats.



Kaleidoscope is an obvious winner and caught my eye immediately, being totally unique.



All three were photographed with two coats over a base coat with a top coat (Poshe).

Despite what you'll read on ebay, all three are readily available online from a reputable source, carrying the new $20 price tag for Fantastic and Kaleidoscope and the "special" price of $30 for Gold Fiction. If you're from MUA, just pm me and I'll tell you where. For non-MUA regulars, if you email me at the address linked above I can let you know where too find them. The only reason I don't link it here is that I'd hate for them to get bought up by resellers and have caused the "Sold Out" claim to ring true.

These were the beginning of Fall 2008 nail polish for me, so they seemed the most appropriate way to usher in Fall.

Perhaps I'll have more for you later, Dear Reader. Until then, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment