Sunday, September 21, 2008

Getting in Touch with My Inner Child


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I got in touch with my inner child with today's mani, although that wasn't my intention starting out. It just happened!

I took out my Rescue Beauty Lounge Concrete Jungle yesterday because I haven't used it in a while, and decided that's what I wanted to use today. It took one (just one!) coat to be opaque and even, so even though it's pricy, it goes further than many other nail polishes. The other big plus - it dries very fast. Then, of course, I has to use the ol' Konad. I eyed the silver, the black, the white, then the pink Konad polish caught my eye, and I had give in to Siobhan circa 1981 and use it. I was *all about* pink and grey when I was 10, so it was a must...

Having selected the color, I had to choose a pattern. What I wanted to use was one of the images intended to cover the whole nail, for which Konad did not take the longer-nailed into account. The patterns are too short for my nails, and the plain French Manicure tip pattern is to thin to cover the whole gap, which meant that if I wanted to use an all over design, I'd also have to choose a complimentary design for the tips (the patterened tips are thicker than the plain French), for which I chose white polish. So I selected a swirly pattern for the pink from plate M63 and a tip pattern from plate M56, which you saw in blue over red recently. I was please to find that the white pattern was thick enough to cover the nail where the pink pattern fell short, and the result was my ten-year-old me fantasy mani...





I can't even begin to tell you how gleeful this makes me - my inner child is giggling away every time I glance at a nail! It's a fun feeling.

One other thing - I just picked the winner of the Color Club Glitter Vixen Giveaway - Steph W. is the lucky winner! Yay, Steph! To those who didn't win, there will be more giveaways to come - this was too fun not to repeat!

Love and nail polish to you, Dear Reader!


No comments:

Post a Comment