Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Enhanced SpaRitual Surreal

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today's mani is one inspired to be cheerful and chipper. If you found the part of the post where I talked about my mom yesterday depressing, I suggest you skip everything after this paragraph and go to the pictures, because I'm going to let you into my life a little more today, Dear Reader. When you look at the pictures, please notice the new watermark - the domain "thenailphile.com" was the funnest birthday gift I received yesterday, and it was from a reader. The old one will still work, but the new one is short and sweet and much cooler. Many thanks again to the giver of this wonderful gift!

Back to the mani - I had a hankering for a real dark blue after the blackish disappointment that was Devil in a Blue Dress, and the one with the most appropriate name for today was SpaRitual's Surreal. That's because today is the last day my husband's going to be living here - he's moving out tomorrow, after asking me for a divorce a few weeks ago. It's a bit surreal. I'm determined to be positive and make this a launching pad for a new and exciting chapter in my life, so it seemed appropriate to stamp Surreal with pink butterflies. I couldn't have the butterflies just floating around with nowhere to land, so I gave them a green vine to land on (both stamps being from plate m6). I don't think that's depressing - I think it's cheerful and hopeful, but I know I thought the same yesterday about The Diversionary Mani and some found it depressing...

Here she is!







It's a good mani for the day - upbeat, hopeful, and pretty. It will give me something to look at to remind me that today's not the end of anything, it's the beginning of a whole lot of new things I can't even imagine yet. I love nail polish - what else could give me ten little reminders of happy thoughts?

On to some business: if you haven't yet entered to win the Color Club Glitter Vixen Collection (all seven, pictured here), please do, as I'm looking forward to sending it out to the winner. I'm rooting for the Europeans on this, since they can't get them for $2 a pop like we in the US can, but I'll be happy for whoever wins! Also, if you haven't yet voted on picture format and you have an opinion, please place your vote in the upper right corner of the page.



That's all for now, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment