Monday, September 1, 2008

Tribute To High-End Summer 2008

Good Evening, Dear Reader. I bet you could have guessed that having tip wear would get to me by the end of the day!

As I thought about what I'd like to do next, I decided upon two colors from my absolute favorite Summer 2008 Collection - Chanel's Robertson Exclusives. Yes, they're overpriced, and it's a hassle that they were only available from the Robertson store for weeks before they also became available from Chanel.com, but I love them. Each one has a fabulous glossy finish, applies and dries like a dream, and despite all the negative mutterings about them, I truly do love them. My very favorite is Rodeo Drive, the purple, which I've used about half a bottle of (easy to do when I have my talons in full force - that's a lot of real estate to cover!), and my second favorite is Melrose, the pink, because it's a glossy jelly that's opaque in two thin coats. I adore LA Sunrise, but it takes three coats (like most yellows) for me to get it perfectly even and opaque, so it comes in third. Poor l'il LA Sunset scampers in at number four simply because orange tones are not my favorites, although this one is special because it has the same shiny jelly finish as Melrose.

It was pointed out to me this morning that none of my pictures show my thumbs. That's because I'm trying to take a picture of the polish, not my hand, and I get a better photo of the polish focusing on only the four fingers. Just to deviate from the norm, I've included more than my usual picture, including one that shows not only that I have a thumb, but that I have a whole hand attached to those four fingers as well. Who knew?







Now you've seen my all-time favorites of Summer 2008, my thumb, and even most of my hand! With that, we can move on to Fall in the morning.

Love and nail polish to you, Dear Reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment