Saturday, September 6, 2008

Blue Gradation: The Yoga Light Mani

Hello again, Dear Reader. Left home alone with the only sunlight for the last five days and probably the next day and a half, I decided to do one more round of pics for you.

Recently, a reader asked for a look at some different blues. There are just so, so many blues out there that I decided a gradation mani would be a good way to select a few for us to view. When selecting the blues for this mani, I decided to skip the entire "is it blue or is it black" family of blues and just use ones that truly look blue in normal lighting. I started with the lightest blue I could think of and worked backwards to get to darker ones. Here's the result, The Yoga Light Mani.



The colors used, from thumb to pinky, are OPI Yoga-ta Get This Blue (also the bottle in the picture), Color Club Jewel Tone Blue, China Glaze Blue Sparrow, OPI Just Groovy, and Color Club Blue Light (hence the name Yoga Light - the first and last words of the names). All are three coats over a base coat, topped with Seche Vite.

Yoga-ta Get This Blue is a darker blue with a slightly teal shimmer, Jewel Tone Blue is a true medium blue with a strong shimmer, Blue Sparrow is a slightly lighter blue with light blue glitter, Just Groovy is a light blue creme, and Blue Light is an even paler light blue creme. The glitter of Blue Sparrow may seem out of place here, and I could have used Rescue Beauty Lounge's Dead Calm in this manicure to avoid the glitter, but it was by design for two reasons. First, the practical: the glitter in Blue Sparrow is the same color as Just Groovy, so it leads into it well. The second reason is more frivolous, coming to me as I lined up the colors, which is that the notion of flipping someone off with my one sparkly nail tickles me, so I used the Blue Sparrow.

There you have it, Dear Reader - the Yoga Light Mani, and a look at a variety of blues to boot. My Partly Sunny is rapidly turning into the predicted Partly Cloudy, so this will be the last one of the day (unless football comes on or something!). Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment