Saturday, September 6, 2008

Konad Fun!

Hello again, Dear Reader. Something much better than football happened to prompt me to post again. I went out for a bit, and saw that there was a key in my mailbox indicating that I had a package. What, oh what, could it be? My Konad arrived!

I'm very excited about it - it seems to have virtually unlimited potential. Mastering the thing, that's the trick. The concept is quite simple: there's an engraved plate to which you apply a kind of thick polish, a scraper to scrape off the excess, then a stamper to pick up the polish from the engraved design and apply it to the nail. Executing it is not quite as simple as the idea itself. It turns out that the thickness of the coat of polish applied, the pressure with which to scrape it off, and the speed at doing both are all variables that affect the outcome. Placement of a successful image is a process that presents a whole new set of problems as well. After many, many tries, though, I believe I am mastering the Konad!

This is my virgin run at it, a white Celtic knot pattern over CHI Sultry nights. I know it's far from perfect, but I'm pleased with myself right now (so be kind to me, kyosuke!).



There are French tip engravings, just about every image to place on the nail you can think of that's family-friendly, and several different colors of the polish (silver, gold, black, white, yellow, green, blue, red...). Since each of these can be used in any combination and over any polish I have, the potential for my collection just increased exponentially. Yay! I'm excited.

That's all I have for you for now, Dear Reader. I just wanted to share my excitement about the arrival and mastery of the Konad with you. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment