Saturday, September 20, 2008

Girly Black Nail Polish

Hello, Dear Reader! Our picture poll has ended, and we have a resounding 65% majority who want one of each kind of picture, so you are going to keep me busy!

I went on a hunt for a Borghese collection I'm after today, and struck out. I saw they had $3 off the regular price on Borghese (another misplaced sale tag that was honored) , so I got a few I've had my eye on for a while. I needed some Borghese immediate gratification... Despite the fact that Borghese calls Notte Black, one of my acquisitions, a creme, one of the things that's made me want for some time it is that it has a really cool shimmer.

Since black can be hard to pull off on longer nails (it can look like Halloween very easily), I decided to see what I could do about making it girly. I looked through the Konad plates and selected M45's polka dot pattern for the tips and M56's pattern for the bow. Polka dots and a little ribbon with a bow - you don't get much more girly than that! I selected the colors based on what would show up over black. I decided I needed gold for the dots rather than silver because I needed to use white for the ribbon, and the silver and white may have muddied together a bit. Whether you like it or not, I believe I've succeeded in making a black polish on longer nails very, very girly!







Now you've seen the mani I finally got around to doing after swatching earlier today. I'm sure I'll have more in store for you tomorrow, Dear Reader. Until then, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment