Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Professional vs Memorable...

Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'm writing as this morning's mani pictures upload, waiting for it to be sufficiently dry to get get myself all professional looking. As some of you know, I'm looking for work (hence the free time to post as often as I can), and there's a great big job fair at Soldier Field today which I'll be attending shortly. I plan to wear neutral clothes, professional makeup and hair, and had to decide what to do for a manicure. My choice was to go for a neutral beige or something fun. Guess which I chose? I decided that since most of my competition for jobs is geeky men (I work in IT), and there will be hundreds if not thousands of applicants there today, I'd go for memorable over professional. I only need one job, but I plan to have more than one recruiter remember me for my mani!

To be consistent with my neutral clothes and makeup, I selected a classic red - my beloved Dior Poppy. That alone may have been enough to be memorable, but I wanted to be sure... So I busted out Konad plate number M24 and did the ol' leopard print tips in black over the red. Not as new and exciting for the blog as it could be, as you saw this manicure in gold very recently, but quite new and exciting for a job fair! If the point of such an event is to stand out, I decided I'd do my best to make them remember me for something - my credentials will get me where I want to go, if only they would remember me.

Here's my result, with which I'm again so pleased that my right hand is displayed as well.





There you have it, Dear Reader - my job fair mani. Let's hope for the best, that I come home employed. When that happens, I promise I'll work on the weekends to schedule extra posts during the week for you in addition to NOTD's to keep you entertained. In the meantime, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment