Monday, September 8, 2008

Wet N Wild's Halloween and Fall 2008 Offerings

Good afternoon, Dear Reader! I still have the same manicure I did this morning, although I must admit that it's likely because it's pouring rain here and there was no way for me to swatch and accurately photograph the Wet N Wild Halloween and Fall 2008 polishes than managed to follow me home.

Wet N Wild is the cheapest of the cheapo nail polishes, costing me $1.99 each for the Halloween and $2.49 each for the Fall, with that being at a Walgreen's in the tourist area here that has inflated prices to fleece the tourists. However, they're fun, generally apply and wear well, and so home with me they came.

I have bottle pictures for you, taken with a flash. I'll start with the Halloween selections, and I bought one of each available.



Night Glow is a glow in the dark top coat, which recommends use over three coats of polish. What I'm interested in is whether it will work over anything other than white, the limitation of the OPI and China Glaze glow in the dark colors. Black Magic is a multi-colored tiny stringy glitter in a clear base. The glitter is stringy enough to look stringy, but tiny and short enough to appear to be more manageable than some others. Black Pearl is a basic black creme, which I bought because I don't think I own one. On long nails, a black creme can look like it's Halloween year-round, but with my beloved Konad, I thought I could use one. Why not get one in the funnest bottle possible if it's just a basic black, right?

I also ran into a Wet N Wild display for Fall, although the name escapes me. I believe it has the word "Mistress" in the name, and if you, Dear Reader, can help me with the correct name of it, please post a comment. I made a mental note of it at the time, but tripped and almost took a spill on the way home (Chicagoans, watch out for the northeast corner of Ontario and State - the sidewalk's all uneven now!), which made me forget it completely. I left one behind - a basic red creme. For $2.49, I could have picked it up to show to you, but then I'd have to find a place to store one more basic red, so I passed.



Sexy Siren is a navy blue with a subtle shimmer that actually looks blue. The end of the "is it black or is it blue" blues may have finally come! Seductress does look black in the bottle, and it's only in the light that the purple shimmer shows. Since it's purple, I got it... Temptress is a deep slightly brown red shimmer, and may be dupey to a million others in my collection, but it's very pretty so here it sits.

I'll see what I can do about swatches of these for you tomorrow, Dear Reader, weather permitting. I'll probably try out the Night Glow over the black tonight to see if it will work. My idea for a fun Halloween mani is to use all three together - a glittery black manicure that glows in the dark. A little over the top and entirely inappropriate for my age? Most likely, but I'll probably do it anyhow!

That's all for now, Dear Reader. Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment