Friday, September 19, 2008

Lippmann Collection Maneater... My Way!

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday I received some of the new Lippmann Collection polishes, and broke into Maneater last night. It's a rich deep brown, almost black in three coats, with an amazing shine. I used my Lippmann Addicted to Speed over it, despite my vow to save that tiny mini for travel, simply because it so good I could not resist. Check out the shine in the pictures, which were taken under a halogen light that's made to emulate natural light...



In this picture, you can see that in the bottle, Maneater is a lighter brown than three dry coats on the nail.



So that was Maneater, with which I'm quite pleased. However, it's a little plain for my taste as of late, and yesterday I also received some new Konad plates I'd ordered... You see where I'm going with this, don't you, Dear Reader? I chose my favorite new tip pattern, which is from plate m62, and used the gold Konad polish to make this mani a little more interesting, still keeping it somewhat understated and very Fall.





And despite my Number Two Fan's objections, I'm posting a close up picture of one nail to show the detail of the Konad pattern, although I made it a bit smaller. Keeping or losing this picture with future Konad posts will be a poll for us to do, so I can find out if this is a useful picture to readers other than my Number Two Fan.



The application of Maneater was the same as the other Lippmann Collection polishes I've tried - as smooth as can be, but requiring a third coat. The amazing shine it has made it well worth the extra effort, and with Lippmann's Addicted to Speed, there was no additional wait time for drying due to the third coat, so overall it's a huge hit with me.

I have a few more Lippmann Collection polishes to show you, Dear Reader, but they can wait for another day. Until then, love and nail polish to you!

Oops! One more thing... If you haven't yet entered to win the Color Club Glitter Vixen Collection (pictured here), please do! The giveaway is open to all readers world wide, and your email address will only be used to notify you if you're the lucky winner. Your name as you enter it will be displayed, so you don't have to enter your full name. I'm rooting for our international friends on this one, as it should only cost me about $5 more to send them out internationally with no duties due upon receipt, and polish is so expensive outside of the US... Here's hoping, but I'll be happy for whoever our winner is!



That's really all this time, Dear Reader. Again, I wish you love and nail polish!

No comments:

Post a Comment