Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Gradation with a Twist: The Call Jacques Mani and Reader Questions

Good morning again, Dear Reader!

I have pictures of today's NOTD for you: The Call Jacques Mani. Since the idea of a gradation mani, using the same color light to dark from one nail to the next, was recently introduced to me I'm stuck on the idea. My twist on this one was to not just change tone, but to change color - the shift from index to middle finger is in color rather than tone, with all five colors being the greyed-out shades I love. Although I'm not a huge fan of the "holding a bottle" pic, I've included one because holding something seems a good way to display the mani and a bottle of polish is more appropriate for the picture than a Bic lighter. Here she is, Call Jacques:





The colors are, from thumb to pink. OPI You Don't Know Jacques, $OPI Metro Chic, $OPI On Stage, OPI Parlez-Vous OPI, and $SOPI Call your Mother - hence the name Call Jacque, which had a better ring to it than Jacques Your Mother.

The other topic for this afternoon is some reader questions we've had on some older posts that I was afriad would get buried and go unanswered. The first I can answer, but am sure that you have additional answers for, and the other two I'm just putting out there hoping for an answer from you, Dear Reader.

First, LuvLngNlz asked about cuticle care. All I did to tidy mine up a bit was use a cuticle clippers to take off any hangnails and then used Sally Hansen Instant Cuticle Remover (blue bottle). Otherwise, I just push them back. In winter I used Lush Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter to keep them from becoming problematic, but don't bother with it when the weather's like it is now. If you have any tips that keep yours in good shape, please throw in your two cents.

Next up, Nail Juice asked about less expensive dupes to Chanel's Robertson Collection. It's true dupes we're looking for, not just kind of close. I've seen the kind of close variety, but have yet to see a true dupe of any of them. Suggestions? I can do comparison pictures if we have any stand-out contenders that I own.

Finally, Rosey from Autralia was interested in dupes for $OPI Meet for Drinks and $OPI I'm with Brad, preferably from OPI. I'm not able to think of any true dupes offhand, and again will be glad to do comparison pics of strong contenders.

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment