Thursday, September 25, 2008

OPI Holiday in Toyland Collection


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I'm late posting today because I've been busy, busy, busy swatching and preparing pictures for you! Today I have OPI's Holiday in Toyland Collection for you. At first since there are so many colors (twelve), I was going to just slap them up in alphabetical order, but as I swatched, I saw we have darks, lights, red cremes, and red shimmers, so I'll present them to you in those groups. Each picture is of three coats over a base coat. I realize that I do very thin coats, and since all of the OPI France are three coaters for me, I thought I'd just accept that these would be as well and swatch them that way. The hand-only pics are in less direct sun, and the bottle pics are in direct sunlight. One quick note on the brushes, while I'm at it - not a wonky brush in the bunch, and they're like the France Collections (versus being like little mops...).

We'll start with the dark colors, which I was most anticipating. The color I was most excited about was Brand New Skates. It's a great color, but I did have to lay it on a little thick on coats two and three to avoid the dreaded VNL.



Next up, we have Play Til Midnight, which looks like a brighter Russian Navy to me.



On to my surprise favorite of the darker color, Baby It's "Coal" Outside!



Next up, we have the lighter colors. The first, You're A Doll, is interesting because it's an opaque neutral with a red shimmer, very unique.



The second in this group has a name that struck terror into my soul: "Sheer" You Toys. Oh, no! VBNL abounding! It turns out that it's not sheer at all, and all is well with the world.



Last in this group we have Glamour Game, a champagne shimmer with gold microglitter. Very pretty!



Now we're up to the reds, Dear Reader. We'll start with the three red cremes. First up, we have Girl Just Want to Play, a very very bright cheery red, which like the other two, is totally opaque in three coats.



Now we have Red Hot Gift, a bright, true neutral red.



Last but not least is Little Red Wagon, which is a deeper red than the others.




That brings us to the red shimmers, the first of which, Rosy Mistle-toesies, is a medium deep red with gold shimmer.




Next up is A Ruby for Rudolph, a true ruby red with gold and red microglitter.



That brings us to that last, and my favorite of the reds: Don't Toy with Me!, which is a slightly violet red with lots of silver microglitter. The sun disappeared on me for this one, but can still see what I mean.



Now you've seen OPI's Holiday in Toyland Collection, Dear Reader! I hope you enjoyed it. Love and nail polish to you!


No comments:

Post a Comment