Sunday, September 7, 2008

Mastering Konad...

Good afternoon, Dear Reader. As I write, I feel like the Queen of the Universe! I think I might have mastered the Konad! It was only shortly after my morning post that I decided that indeed I would try to do the gold & black animal print (leopard, not tiger - I was wrong this morning) mani today.

I geared up by applying Gold Fiction, and 10 minutes after applying Seche Vite, thought I should start trying to get a decent imprint with the black polish, since I'd assumed at least an hour to do the mani and many tries for the first imprint. Much to my amazement, the first imprint was perfect! I cautiously applied it to a nail, tried another imprint, and again, it was perfect! As I did number three, I knew I'd have to have a failure soon, but did not. I was astounded! It took a total of eleven tries to stamp the ten nails (one failed imprint), and I was just astonished at the end that I'd done it. I felt like the Queen of the Universe!

It seems as though all the stars are perfectly aligned, because not only did I have success with the mani, the cloudy weather promised for today isn't here, so I had perfect sunlight to photograph my first true Konad success. Here she is.



This, Dear Reader, is exactly what was in my head for this mani. I love it when the idea can go from my brain to my hands!

Regardless of the good light, this mani's staying. the only thing that would make be change it is the impending football game, so you may see more Konad then.

Until next time, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

EDIT: Oops - I keep forgetting to mention that our format is in place! The majority who voted, 77%, like the big pictures, so they're staying. Thanks to those of you who cast a vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment