Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Wet N Wild Rock Solid Swatches

Good afternoon, Dear Reader. I went and did my job fair thing. I'm still not employed, but now have some more leads. It was smaller and ended several hours before I thought it would, which left me with a spectacular afternoon to do some swatches for you.

I did the three from the Wet N Wild Rock Solid collection I showed you bottle pictures of yesterday - Mistress of the Night, or Mistress of the Dark, something like that, is the collection name. You'll know it when you see it. If you recall, there's a fourth in the collection, a basic red creme that I didn't get, so it's missing from the pictures.

Enough yammering - let's get on to the pictures! They're all two coats over a base coat, photographed wet. Unfortunately, it's so bright out today that I couldn't really see the pictures I was getting, so I was not at the best possible angle for the sun. I know you can forgive me that though. I'll present them in alphabetical order this time, which means we'll start with Seductress.

You saw Seductress yesterday with poor light and a flash, but I swatched it anyhow because I think it takes good sunlight to really appreciate a polish. It does look black for the most part, but when the sun hits it, it's a magical purple shimmer.



Next up, we have Sexy Siren. Had I known what a fabulous blue this was when I was buying it, I would have gotten a second bottle. It's a true, true blue with a very strong sparkly shimmer.



Finally, that brings us to Temptress, which is more brown than red on the nail. Still a fabulous shimmer, I just expected it to appear to be more red than it is.



I'm happy with all three, especially since they cost me less than $8 together. I did go upstairs to swatch with the intention of doing the Halloween glitter over black as well, but to be honest with you, Dear Reader, I simply became weary of swatching. The breeze was strong and constant, and the gusts of wind made it hard to apply polish, so although I could have continued to sit on the patio until I sunburned I certainly couldn't swatch any more. I took a bonus picture for you just to show you what a truly amazing day it is here. This is my view when I'm swatching nail colors.



Now you've seen the new Wet N Wild Rock Solids, the view from my swatching spot, and I think my work here is done for now. I still have my left hand with only base coat on it and my right with the full red & black manicure from this morning, so I think I'll go do a variation of a mani I recently promised to my Number Two Fan. Assuming this amazing light holds out, I'll be back to post a picture of it shortly.

Until then, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment