Tuesday, September 16, 2008

You Say It's Your Birthday? It's My Birthday Too...

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Many thanks to those of you who sent me birthday wishes - what a great way to start my day! I have lots of pictures for today's post (all taken under flourescent light in my kitchen), and I'll tell you why. Late last week, I placed a Happy Birthday to Me order with Nordstrom, and part of the order arrived last evening. Predictably, I started playing with my fun new pretties right away.

The first thing I dug into was the Lippmann Collection Party Like a Rockstar Set. In the set, I discovered Good Girl Gone Bad was chock full o' glitter. Being a huge fan of all things sparkly, that was my first choice. The set also contains a pretty blue (Devil in a Blue Dress) and a quick-dry topcoat, Addicted to Speed. They're all minis, but not as mini as some - they're 0.30 oz, which is just shy of a full size Dior or YSL (which are .33 oz). I decided to try the Addicted to Speed just for the heck of it, assuming it wouldn't work as well as Seche Vite or Poshe, but discovered it's name is perfect - my nails were totally dry with three coats of color, enough to make dinner, within 5-10 minutes. So don't try Addicted to Speed unless you need a taste for very pricy topcoat, since it's the most effective I've ever tried and shiny as heck to boot. I'm going to save it for travel, I think. Here's Good Girl Gone Bad topped with Addicted to Speed, which is what I woke up with this morning.



I was awakened at 4:00 this morning, so I got up, had some coffee, and then decided to try the other pretty that I've been looking forward to: Yves Saint Laurent Tuxedo Grey. As you can see in the pictures, it's more shimmery in the bottle than it is on the nail. Here are some pictures of it by itself - had I known it was this close to Misa's Dying Love, I probably wouldn't have sprung for it, but it does have the fabulous YSL finish to it, which is nice.




As you can see, Tuxedo Grey is a little bit plain on its own. You know I can't have plain, Dear Reader, and especially not on my birthday! So after taking the pictures of it by itself, I dug into the Konad set and decided silver leopard print tips would be just right. Here's the result of that addition.







So that's the first two and a half hours I've been up. I may post more later, as I may decide to play with more nail polish today. My mom was of the mind that a person gets to do all and only what he wants on his birthday (she was funny like that), and a little of that has worn off on me. There's plenty of work to be done to prepare for movers to be here on Thursday, but I've already sworn off all work on the apartment today. Not today!

So now you've seen my 37th birthday nails so far. Remember that to help celebrate my birthday, I'm giving one Dear Reader the complete Color Club Glitter Vixen Collection (see it here). Your name as you enter it will be displayed (so you don't have to enter your full name), and your email address will only be used to notify you if you win. The drawing is open to all readers world wide, so help me celebrate by entering for me to share a gift with you! Also, If you have an opinion about which pictures you like and haven't yet voted for your preference, please do (thank you if you have!!!). The poll for that is in the upper right hand corner of the page.



I think that's everything for now, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment