Friday, September 5, 2008

Shades of Green (Just Two, Really)

Good evening, Dear Reader.

What I have for you tonight is a look at a couple of very different greens. Unfortunately, the pictures were taken in very different light as well, but I know you can forgive me that. I wanted to do a post showing a very understated green mani juxtaposed with a really wild one, and that's what I have here.

First up, we have Chanel Kaleidoscope's grandmother, Nina Ricci Vert Imaginaire. This is one that I immediately fell in love with the first time I saw a picture of it, went on a long quest for it, and eventually gave up on ever having - I was simply too late. Then I ran into it in recent months entirely by accident while acquiring something else, and was thrilled to be able to add it to my collection. This color is very wearable for me, as I tend to dress very conservatively and am often in khaki or variations of khaki, as well as a good bit of black. This color goes well with both, and is unexpected enough to make an otherwise conservative presentation a little more interesting. Here she is - check out the shine on this one, even with the pictures taken in poor natural light.





It wouldn't be a day on The Nailphile as of late without an Nfu-Oh, so I have one of those for you as well. This is a very green mani, but again wearable for me since my clothing is so conservative. One of the advantages to dressing in a lot of neutrals is that I can get away with a glowing green manicure (or glowing, glittery any-colored mani, for that matter!). This is two coats of Nfu-Oh #55 over one coat of Sally Hansen Emerald City (of course). I like how the Nfu-Oh has small green glitter to brighten up the polish along with contrasting flaky sparklies that really make it pop.



That's all for tonight, Dear Reader. There are many more greens in my collection, but probably no two green manis as different as these. I hope you enjoyed them, and until morning, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment