Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Introducing the Fauxnad

Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I've done today's NOTD, and I used my Fauxnad for it. It's not really named that - that's just what I call it. With my love of the Konad, I got Hot Topic's cheapo little nail stamper for one of the plates. It was about $13, but I had a $10 off coupon for it, so it was far less pricy than buying more Konad plates. In my head, it's always been the Fauxnad (I think Hot Topic calls it a "Nail Stamping Kit"), so that's what we'll call it here on The Nailphile. I didn't use the image I bought it for - there's a skull and crossbones image that would be perfect in black on my planned glow-in-the-dark white Halloween mani, which is why I got it. Instead, I just chose something to try it out.

It came with a metal scraper that I didn't work well with (I prefer the Konad plastic scraper), but the image and the stamper worked just as well. I also used Konad's polish on it, the silver. I haven't tried regular polish on either yet, but am sure that once I've truly mastered it that will be workable.

For the base, I used Maybelling Express Finish Purple Passion, then stamped my tips with a star pattern. Just to mix things up, I'll show you my right hand first today.

Photobucket Image Hosting

Photobucket Image Hosting

That's my NOTD, and I think that's all I have for you today, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment