Sunday, October 26, 2008

Yet Another Precisions Haul, Part I

Good morning, Dear Reader! I've made yet another Precisions haul and they arrived yesterday, so I have pictures of some of them for you. I'll show them to you in alphabetical order, because I can't pick a favorite - each time I decide I have a favorite, I look at another and decide *it's* my favorite. So alphabetical it is! They're all two coats over a base.

Burnt Sienna is one that's a favorite contender - I've been on a brown kick lately, and this is a great brown. Not too brown, just a touch of orange, just right!





Cappuccino Low Fat is another that's appealing to my brown kick, only this one's much lighter with a strong silver shimmer. I like that the shimmer is silver rather than the gold that's usually in brown tones.





Kismet is a lovely pinky-apricot shimmer with a great name.





Raspberry Beret is another contender for my favorite of this bunch. It's a perfect raspberry creme.





Swan's Song is the third that makes me keep waffling on which is my favorite of this bunch. It's a hot, hot, deep pink with a strong silver shimmer.





Those are all the swatches I did yesterday, but there will be more to come. Recently someone asked me why I like Precisions so much, and it's because they apply smoothly, evenly, opaque in two coats, and with great dry time, but they also have excellent colors, often unexpected shades (like my favorite grey, U Rock & I Roll), or unexpected finishes (like microglitter in cremes, as in Twilight Zone). They're also a good value, particularly being 10% larger than other polishes at 0.55 oz. I'm so excited about these because I've so recently discovered the line, and am thrilled to have easy access to them.

Anyhow, after all that swatching, I had to do a full mani, and I chose another item from this haul - the new CHI Holiday polish, CHI You Under the Mistletoe. It's a bright sparkly crimson, which even I didn't have the heart to Konad.





I got all of these from sparkling*nails on ebay (that's a link to the Precisions listings, although she's where I get my CHIs as well). If she's out of stock of anything you've seen on The Nailphile, just email her at sparklingnails@verizon.net, let her know what you want and that you saw it here, and she'll take great care of you. She's been wonderful to my Dear Readers, and is really helpful. As always, I won't benefit in any way if you buy anything from her, other than knowing that you, Dear Reader, are getting fun cool stuff.

That's all for now, Dear Reader. Until we meet again, love and nail polish to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment