Tuesday, October 14, 2008

BCA Konadicures


Good Morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday I was reminded right after I posted that it was Pink Week for Breast Cancer Awareness of my ladies' message board, so I did a quick change to make my leopard mani consistent with BCA. Here's what I did.







Today's BCA mani is a little more subdued, which given yesterday's, was not a challenge! I chose a strong pink for the base, then did a delicate floral patten in white over it. I used Art Club's White polish for the pattern, and it easily worked as well as the Konad polish. Art Club's polish is available at 8ty8, linked on the right, for a fraction of the cost of the Konad polish (for $1.50 versus $7). The down side was that it was harder to apply to the plate with a good striper brush, so I might just use up my Konad white and refill the bottle with Art Club polish. Whatever I do, I'm glad I found a much less expensive alternative to the Konad polishes. Here's the mani I came up with.







You're getting bonus pictures on both of these because my right hand turned out as well as the left for both! I like it when that happens, and enjoy having photographic evidence of the event!

Well, today's the last day to throw your name in the hat for the OPI Music Hall Minis Set, Dear Reader, so if you have not, please do before midnight tonight! I'll announce the winner in the morning. The prize is a gift to you from sparkling*nails on ebay to thank you for the business you've given her. It's quite a gift - they're going for $20 right now since they're long gone, being from Holiday 2006. She's been really good to us in other ways, as well - if she's out of stock of a color you've seen here, just email her to tell her what you'd like, and she will take care of you. She does the same for French buyers - all it takes is an email. I look forward to announcing the inner of this one, because I think it's the funnest prize so far!





That's all for now, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment