Saturday, October 25, 2008

Jessica Empowered Collection for BCA


Hello again, Dear Reader!

I told you I had some swatching to do for you, and I've that I have done. What I chose for today, the beginning of the last week of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, is the Jessica Cosmetics Empowered Collection. It seems like the ultimate BCA collection to me because 65% of all purchases of these colors made through December 31st will be donated to the American Institute for Cancer Research - that's a generous chunk of the purchase price compared to other BCA products, so definitely spring for any you like! They're here (that's the link to the collection) on Jessica's site (that's the link to the main page).

Now you know what I've chosen and why I chose it, so now all you need to see is the polishes themselves! The fun thing about them is that they're sheers (gasp!) that even I can comfortably wear (double gasp!). The reason is that they're translucent, not totally sheer, so my nails don't look or feel naked in these colors, and with the whole white tip of the nail showing, it doesn't look or feel like an unintentional VNL. They applied beautifully - with many translucent polishes, I've had problems with evenness of color, but that wasn't an issue with any of these. All are two coats over a base coat, photographed in artificial light, and here they are!

Bravery is a Band-Aid But Better shade, but since it's not opaque, the BABB effect isn't strong. It's a good bare neutral nude shade.





Courage is a pink with a slight hint of beige to it, but is more clearly pink on the nail.





Hope is tied with the next one coming up (Endure) for my favorite. In the bottle, Hope is totally white, and on the nail looks very clean and sophisticated.





Endure is the my other favorite from this collection. It's a classic baby pink, and is extremely feminine and just plain pretty on the nail.





Breathe is a pinky apricot colored sheer, and its effect is very subtle. This is another great nude shade.



Finally, we have Faith, which is barely pink (almost a cross between Hope and Endure). This is another I really liked a lot, because like Hope, it looks very clean and classic on the nail.




So this, Dear Reader, is Jessica's Empowered Collection. Again, the majority (65%) of the price of these goes to cancer research, so if there are any that appeal to you, or if you'd just like to try out Jessica Nail Colours (which I strongly recommend), please give these a try to help out a good cause.

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment