Thursday, October 9, 2008

More Precisions Part V!


Good morning again, Dear Reader! I told you I'd be back with more Precisions for you, and back I am!

As I was swatching them, I was thinking of how I'd present them, and decided to do it in the order in which I swatched so I could save the best for last. There is actual order to how I swatch, and I'll tell you a little secret - when I swatch, I line everything up in order of lightest to darkest so I minimize leftover polish from the last swatch in the pictures. Now you know my secret!

I have six more for you today, and it's the end of the current Precisions haul, but I took two sets of pictures of one of them. You'll see why when we get there. They're all two coats (with one exception I'll point out) over a base, and the bottle pictures are in direct sun, the hand only pictures in less direct sun. Here we go!

This one, Ballerina Slippers, I was afraid would be a sheer. Even though I've been warming up to sheers lately, I still often have the knee jerk, "Oh no!" response to them. However, tht was not the case here. This is one seriously pigmented and well-named ballerina pink with a strong shimmer.





I was also afraid Purple Rain, the next one, would be too sheer, and was again completely wrong. It's also heavily pigmented with a strong shimmer, and to me it looks like a purpler OPI Sahara Sapphire on steroids.





Third up is Lollablueza, which is the one of which I took two sets of pictures. This one is sheer, but with one coat bears a striking resemblance to Chanel Azur, and in two coats has a stronger color. I'll be using this one to layer over other colors like Azur, which works beautifully over black, blue, red, and purple.









Fourth in line is Material Girl, a seriously "Look at Me!" shade of fuchsia with a solid shimmer to it.





Approaching the end, we have another that I really love, Scarlet Letter. It's also very heavily pigmented and applied as beautifully as the rest.





Ready for my favorite? It's called Shine, Wine n Dine, and is another amazingly unique Precision shade. It's another creme, this time wine, with holo microglitter in it. I love how the manufacturer puts microglitter in cremes (like in Twilight Zone and VIP - Very Important Polish). The dramatic effect it creates is spectacular, and no other line I've seen has the cajones to try this!





Now you've seen my entire most recent Precisions haul, although (blush) I have more on the way soon. I got them from sparkling*nails on ebay (that's a link to the listings). If there's something you want that's sold out, just email her and let her know you saw it on The Nailphile and would like one, and she'll take good care of you. The same goes for French readers - she does ship to France, and it just takes an email to place an order. As always, I won't benefit it you purchase anything.

Speaking of purchasing from sparkling*nails, lots of you have lately, and with this Precisions haul she sent me a gift to give to you to thank you for that. It's the OPI Music Hall Minis Holiday 2006 Set, and they're going for $20 right now, so it's quite a gift. If you haven't entered to win it (it's a random drawing), please do! The contest is open to readers world wide, and your name will be displayed as you enter it (so you don't have to put your full name), and your email address wil only be used to notify you if you're the winner.





That's all for today, Dear Reader! Love and nail polish to you!




No comments:

Post a Comment