Wednesday, October 22, 2008

A Winter Wonderland of Color from The Lippmann Collection


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I thought I'd show you Lippmann's Winter 2008-2009 offerings all together, the way they should be viewed. I've shown you two of them, Maneater and Superstar, in previous posts, but I did new swatches of all four for you using the glorious sunlight in my new balcony. All pictures are of two coats over a base.

I'll start with one you haven't seen yet, a frosty pale pink called Icing on the Cake. Because it is so frosty, the application was a bit tricky, but the overall effect was certainly worth the effort.





Next up, we have my beloved Maneater, the color that started me on a brown kick. This one has almost a jelly texture to it, yet it's opaque in two coats, and despite the depth of color is clearly brown and not black.





Now we'll move on to the limited edition colors, which are both just spectacular. The first we'll look at of these is Holiday, a bright red jelly with tons of sparkle.





You know how I like to save the best for last, Dear Reader, and I've done that here. Now we have Superstar. It's a brown base more packed full of glitter than any other color I own, and it is a sight to behold. I wore this for the rest of the day after swatching, and got lots of compliments on it throughout the day.





Aren't they each great? This is the collection with the most daring colors and the most variety I've seen this year, and I'm absolutely enamored with each of them!

That's all I have for you for noe, Dear Reader. Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment