Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Dior Black Sequins


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have something special for you that I've been waiting for a good week to show you - Dior's Black Sequins, a limited edition polish available only from Sephora (that's a link to it). I bought it based on my love for Diors (I'm a great big Dior whore...) and my trust in their ability to make sparkly polishes more special and sparkly than any other brand.

As many predicted, it's not significantly different than OPI's Baby It's Coal Outside or Sally Hansen Salon's Raven's Wing, other than the fact that it's a little bit blacker, has the Dior finish, and the special Dior subtle sparkliness to it. For most, that would not be different enough to buy it, but for me and a Dior, it is. It's definitely my favorite of the three. Here she is, two coats over a base with a top coat.





Since it's a Sephora-only LE, the time to make a decision about whether you want it is probably somewhat short lived, but unless you absolutely love Dior polishes, the OPI or Sally Hansen should suffice. My pictures using artificial light don't really do it justice - the fine sparkle of it isn't highlighted as it should be. The pictures show how it looks walking around inside, but in sunlight (which I have very, very little of right now), the delicate shimmer really pops.

That's all for today, Dear Reader. Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment