Thursday, October 23, 2008

Essie Winter 2008 Collection


Good morning, Dear Reader! I've been swatching away for you already today!

The big surprise is that most of the Essies were winners for me, with the exception of two. I think both would have been improved with a third coat, but I only swatched two coats to be consistent. Let's get right to them!

I'll start with the two I didn't love, Shift Power and Bold and Beautiful.

Shift Power left me with lots o' VNL, but otherwise is good.





Bold and Beautiful was simply uneven in two coats due to its jelly texture. I like it, and Shift Power, otherwise, so I'll likely give them both another shot using three coats,





That brings us to the winners! I don't usually love Essie, but I'm really impressed with the other four shades. I'll show them to you in reverse alphabetical order so my favorite is last,

Sexy Divide is probably the most favored by many, but it came in second place for me. It's a gorgeous purple shimmer.





Rock Star Skinny is a great color despite its name, and one that I'll get plenty of use from.





It's Genius really is, and it's a lovely mulberry shimmer.





That brings us to my very favorite, Damsel in a Dress. I like how dramatic this color is, and although I expected to love Sexy Divide the most, this is my favorite of the collection.





That's all for now, Dear Reader. Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment