Monday, January 19, 2009

Pre-Inaugural Mani and a Funny


Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'll start with the funny, which I've already submitted to engrish.com... I was playing with some nail decals yesterday, which I'll show you soon, and these were my instructions:

 

When using them, I assure you I properly washed my mails and camberonged the sheet.

Now that we've had a little laugh, we'll move on to the mani.  I found myself finally getting excited about the inauguration, and decided to do a mani for it.  I won't get all political on you today, but love him, hate him, or have no opinion, Barack Obama's inauguration is, in my opinion, a huge moment in history, certainly worthy of a manicure!

I thought I'd do a white base and stamp it in red and blue, and had just the Konad patterns in mind.  I did a little hunting to find my favorite white, which I tried after Scrangie recommended it: Misa Heaven White.  It used to be a two coater for me, but I'm spreading that same drop of nail polish over more nail now, so today it took three coats to be totally opaque and even.  Here's Heaven White.

 



I let it dry for fifteen minutes (five minutes per coat is my general rule), then was ready to stamp.  For the red and blue, I used SpaRitual's Impression and Surreal.  The red I double stamped on my tips using Konad plate M44, and the blue I stamped on my nail beds using a pattern from an unmarked Hot Topic fauxnad plate (incidentally, I can't tell you how thrilled I am that the word "fauxnad" has taken off!).  I topped it with a thick coat of Seche Vite, as regular polishes don't tend to smudge the way that Konad polishes do, and this one did alright.  The results are exactly what I wanted, with the exception of the red reading a little pinker than I'd pictured.  Here's the picture of a rare triple stamp.

 


I'll be honest with you, Dear Reader - triple stamping is draining, and I've only done my left hand!  I needed a break from it, so I edited the pictures and thought I'd do today's post.  I certainly can't go out like this, so I'm off to stamp my right hand.

Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment