Saturday, January 10, 2009

Rescue Beauty Lounge Film Noir and A Look Outside


Good morning, Dear Reader!

As you may have guessed, in the wake of the Louboutin manicure, I'll be wearing dark or very opaque colors for a few days.  The problem is that I still have red right at the line where my nails attach to my fingers.  Little hassle? Yes.  Totally worth it? Absolutely!

The first color I picked to use was RBL's Film Noir, a pretty purply vampy.  I don't know what the deal is with RBL's brush - it looks completely normal, but application with it always turns out exceptionally well.  This is surely a dupable color, but I like RBLs for when I have to keep a mani on for several days, and I didn't have a good basic vampy color from them, so I got this one.  

My nails are very curved over my nail beds, and when they get wet for a while (like washing my hair or cleaning), they flatten out considerable.  With most polishes, as my nails dry and return to normal, that means little chips on the sides of them, but with RBL and SpaRitual, the polish seems to have an elastic quality that allows it to return to the normal shape of my nails over and over with no chips.  That's why those are my two favorite brands.

Enough yapping about the polish!  Here's a look at it.

 

 

See what I mean about dupable?  Still, a lovely basic vamp with exceptional application that will be a great choice for one of my trips downstate.  

Speaking of trips downstate, those will be coming to an end soon, and I hope sooner rather than later.  I'm going to be moving back there - yet another move!  That means I lose my Ultas and my Chanel boutique, but gain a whole laundry list of good things I'm looking forward to.  What I'm not looking forward to is moving my giant stash, but I have a little plan in mind for that which should work.  I showed you a picture of my swatching spot on the roof a while back, but thought in honor of the prospect of leaving Chicago, I'd show you a cool view of it.  This is the view from my balcony.  

 

I seriously doubt I'll ever have a view like this again, so I thought I'd share it with you.  Pretty neat, isn't it?  The little horse-and-carriage rides that start at The Water Tower pass by here, and a few years ago, I went on one.  At the time, I fell in love with this area and living around here was a fantastic fantasy that I knew would never come true, yet here I am!  I'm glad I got to live here, but I'm also glad it's coming to an end...

That's all I have for you for now, Dear Reader.  Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment