Monday, January 12, 2009

Clarins 230 and Sally Hansen Salon Addicted to Red


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I have a very special polish to show to you today!  This morning, I noticed some tip wear on my Zoya Jo mani, so I decided to change it.  I'd kept Jo on for a couple of days because it had some sentimental value - it looks just like an old L'Oreal Wear Extraordinaire I use to have, only more pearly.  I've been looking for this color forever!  That exact blue and a green Wear Extraordinaire which I have yet to match have special value to me.  

When I was in college, I had a best friend who was very different from me.  She introduced me to ska, and I introduced her to the joys of nail polish.  Since we were in college, I was very, very poor, and had only a tiny stash of polishes, and the blue and green were my favorites.  On Sunday afternoons (once a week, since I didn't know of quick dry top coat thirteen years ago), Quincy would come to my room, and we'd sit on my bed and do our nails.  She ended up enjoying doing her nails as much as I did, and her nails grew out to be very pretty.  We both loved my blue and green, so we'd alternate between the two each week, one wearing one and the other wearing the other, and we'd either watch TV or study together (we were both math majors) while we waited for each coat to dry.  Happy memories!  Since I had to remove Jo, I thought I'd use a polish with equal sentimental value, one out of the train case of my 32 most precious polishes (the train case that glows like the Pulp Fiction suitcase when it's opened). 

I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Salon's Addicted to Red, which I've shown to you before.  To save you from having to look up pictures, I took new ones as I did the mani.

 

 

Now it was time to add one coat of the sentimental polish - Clarins 230.  I missed out on this one, and since it's been long discontinued, I came to the point of acceptance that I would never see it, and was okay with that.  Shortly thereafter, I was arranging The Swap of the Century with my dear friend Love8Brain (we both sent over 20 polishes to the other, each more fabulous than the last), and she offered me a new Clarins 230 as one of her available polishes.  I was floored!  My Clarins 230 arrived safely with all the others, and promptly went into the train case after its first use.  I took it out today for its second use, and it's special because I never thought I'd have it, but more so because it came from dear Love8Brain and makes me think happy thoughts of her.  It makes Addicted to Red spectacular!

 

 

That's today's NOTD and the story of the sentimental value it has.  I love it, and am grateful to my generous friend for giving me the opportunity to share this one with you.  

That's all for now, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!

EDIT:  I just got Scrangie's permission to link to a deal she has going on Misa polishes, so I thought I'd add that to this post.  Basically, you can get 12 Misas for $23.50 shipped, an absolute steal, and you can order fewer.  Here's a link to Scrangie's post with the details, and if you order, make sure you let Misa know you want Scrangie's offer.


No comments:

Post a Comment