Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Black Satin, White Ribbons


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I busied myself with some housework this morning, which gave me tip wear on my mani.  I was due for a nice break, and decided to redo my nails for a little relaxation.

I've had a Konadicure in mind for a little while that I thought I'd give a try.  For a base, I used Chanel Black Satin, and had planned to stamp a swirly, ribbon-y pattern from plate M63 on it in red.  The Black Satin worked out, but alas, the red did not.  On my thumb, I first stamped the pattern in SpaRitual Impression, and it didn't really show up, so I tried again using Konad Special Polish in Red with the same results.  I was determined to do the mani, so I decided to give the pattern a go in Konad White.  Success!  It's not exactly what I had in mind when I started, but I think I like it better than what I had in my head.  I've wanted to use this pattern for quite some time, but didn't want to interrupt it with French tips, and my recent good fortune of stumbling upon the technique of double stamping let me finally give this pattern a try.  I'm quite pleased with my results.  Here's what I came up with.

 

 



Not half bad for a backup plan, huh?

That's all I have for you today, Dear Reader.  Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment