Thursday, January 22, 2009

Essie Spring 2009


Good morning, Dear Reader!

It's beginning to look like a good Spring for nail polish!  First Zoya Twist, now Essie Spring 2009!  Essie's produced some really great colors for this season, one in particular a standout.  I'm sure you've seen these by now, but I wanted to try them out for myself and see what I thought.  I've looked at some pictures, but I haven't read what other bloggers are saying about these so that I could keep an open mind and not view them with others' ideas in mind.

To start, they're all cremes, which is not a bad thing for me.  Some people don't care for them, but the simplicity of them on the nail appeals to me, aside from being a great palette for some Konad fun.  The first five, in the order I'm presenting them, took three thin coats over a base to be opaque and even.  With each, I had concerns on the first coat that the polish would be streaky, but after three coats, all were just fine.  I'll tell you more about the sixth one when I get there.

Eternal Optimist is a really great nude, with the slighty muddy look to it that I like.  This is a nude I'll wear.

 

 

Flawless really is - it's simplicity itself, a pale pink creme.

 

 

Status Symbol is a truly striking pink, not quite neon but appraoching it.

 


One of a Kind is a somewhat orangish red that makes me think of chili peppers.

 


Lacquered Up is a true, vibrant red.

 


Those are the first five, which brings us to Number Six: Mesmerize.  When I looked at these laid out upon opening the box of them, I felt like singing "One of these thing is not like the others, one of these things is just not the same..." but in a really, really good way.  Mesmerize is an absolutely stunning blue, deeper and more subdued than Nocti's Flying Naked and Misa's Pour Me Something Tall and Strong, but along those lines.  Mesmerize was opaque and even in two coats, and rather than just a swatch over a base coat, I did a full manicure with a top coat for the pictures of it.

 


That, Dear Reader, is what Essie has to offer us this Spring.  They're currently available at essie.com , but will be available wherever you normally buy Essies soon.

Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment