Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Nubar Sparkles Collection Swatches

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have swatches of the Nubar Sparkles Collection I showed you promo images of last week. They are, for the most part, more than I'd hoped for.

The glitter in these is super fine (although the finished manicure still required two coats of top coat to be smooth), and it's in either a clear or colored jelly base (depending on the shade). I love glitter, and these are some dang good glitters.

I'll show them to you in the order I swatched them, with the only one having order of preference being the last (I had to wear it). The first seven are swatches the last a manicure, and all are two coats. Some could have used three, but we'll get to those when we look at them. The pictures are in somewhat low natural light.

Star Sparkle is silver and holo glitter in a clear base. I could have used a third coat of this just because my nails are stained. I'll likely use this one over an opaque base.

Nubar
Nubar Star Sparkle Nail Polish, Two Coats

Meadow Sparkle is a muted, light, mossy green glitter in a barely tinted base.

Nubar Sparkle
Nubar Meadow Sparkle Nail Polish, Two Coats

Hyacinth Sparkle is love. It's bluish lavender glitter in a barely tinted base.

Nubar Sparkles
Nubar Hyacinth Sparkle Nail Polish, Two Coats

Sky Sparkle is a light bright blue, but needs more than the two coats used below. I'll either use more or put the two coats over a matching base for this one.

Nubar Sparkles Collection
Nubar Sky Sparkle Nail Polish, Two Coats

Violet Sparkle is beyond my camera - it's a very vivid violet glitter in a clear base.

Nubar Sparkles Collection Nail Polish
Nubar Violet Sparkle Nail Polish, Two Coats

Night Sparkle is a deep blue glitter in a matching jelly base.

Nubar Sparkles Nail Polish
Nubar Night Sparkle Nail Polish, Two Coats

Fire Sparkle is a bright, fire red glitter in a matching jelly base.

Sparkles Nail Polish
Nubar Fire Sparkle Nail Polish, Two Coats

Petunia Sparkle is a is a crazy electric magenta in a clear base. This is the one that's a full manicure, dry after two coats of top coat.

Nubar Sparkle Nail Polish
Nubar Petunia Sparkle Nail Polish, Two Coats with Top Coat

That's Nubar's Sparkles Collection for you, Dear Reader. Until next time, love and nail polish to you!

Edited to Add: Since the collection doesn't come out until January 30th, obviously, these were samples from Nubar's PR. I'm not used to the "official" statement stuff yet... I'll get there!

No comments:

Post a Comment