Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Inaugural Mani


Hello again, Dear Reader!

Here I am again, two hours later... I've watched the news, done my Inaugural Mani, and found that there's little else to do at 6:30 a.m.  Since I'm pleased to no end with my Inaugural Mani, I thought I'd post it right away!

After yesterday's successful, although wacky, mani, I thought I'd do something a little more refined this morning.  One thing I learned yesterday is that I'm capable of double stamping my much loved tip patterns, so I had one in mind for today - my favorite tip pattern from plate M56.  I've been going with red, white, and blue because I don't align myself with any political party, and for today, I let my uber pale hands provide the white.

Since a red Konad stamp doesn't show up as red on anything other than a very pale blue, I decided to go with a red base and a blue stamp.  Since it's a special day, I chose a special red: Dior's Poppy.  You've seen it before and you'll see it again, so here it is on its own.

 

 

For my blue, I used SpaRitual Surreal, and double stamped my tips with the M56 pattern.  Here's what I ended up with - I'm so pleased with it that I'll show you both hands!

 

 

 

I'm really thrilled to find that I can still use the tip patterns, even if using them takes twice as long.  Truthfully, each hand takes about 10 minutes to double stamp, so it's not as though I'm signing my life away when I pull out a Konad plate, but for someone as impatient as I am an extra ten minutes is about my limit.  I've missed my tip patterns, and am happy to have them back!

Fortunately for me, I have lots of errands to run when the rest of the world wakes up, one of them at a place where the service woman always, without fail, recognizes me as "The Nail Lady."  She asks to inspect my nails and gets all excited about them.  The last time I saw her she'd ordered Konad supplies from wowsocool (my source, who I have linked on the right), so I'm looking forward to seeing what she's come up with.  I like going out and about when I have a comment-worthy manicure, and I think this one qualifies!

That's all I have for today, Dear Reader.  Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment