Monday, February 2, 2009

Lacquered Up with Pink Hearts


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I decided to do an early Valentine's Day mani.  I wanted to use Maybelline's Sweet Valentine, the polish with pink glitter and pink hearts that I recently showed you.  I chose Essie's Lacquered Up as the bright, true red to use as a base, and was pleased to find that with shorter nails, Lacquered Up is a two-coater.  I finished the Essie with a coat of Seche Vite, then waited 5-10 minuted to apply the hearts.

This is where the real work began - fishing those little hearts out of the fresh bottle of Sweet Valentine was no easy task, but I did it!  I then sealed the hearts down with another coat of Sweet Valentine, which also added more glitter, then added another coat of Seche Vite for shine.  If I have another break today, it's certainly not for lack of nail polish!  Here's what the end result looks like.

 

 

It's happy, it's cheery, it's Valentine's Day!  The down side to being in the midst of a divorce for Valentine's Day is that I don't get any presents, but the upside is that I get to have the joy of living alone, and I don't have to pick out any presents for anyone else either.  This year, I'll take that deal, and celebrate Valentine's Day with the rest of you until the 14th!

As a matter of fact, let's start celebrating now with a little present for you.  I just paused while I was writing this to create a new contest, another random drawing.  This one is for a new bottle of Essie's Cindy-rella, which was an Ulta exclusive a few years back.  I live near The Ulta That Time Forgot, and they still had it, so I got one for you.  Here's a picture of the bottle, and the pretty black label that lets us know it's full of chemically goodness.



I'll be taking entries for a week so that the winner will get it in time for Valentine's Day.  The drawing is open to all readers, your name will show as you enter it (so no need to enter your full name), and your email address will only be used to notify you that you've won.



That's all for now, Dear Reader!  Until tomorrow, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment