Friday, January 9, 2009

The Louboutin Manicure


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday, my plans to keep my Konadicure were thwarted when my long-nailed friend lausiepoos posted a picture of her Louboutin manicure on my message board.  I've always been afraid to try one, thinking I'd never get all the red polish out from under my nails, but she assured me that removal was no more difficult than glitter, and I decided to give it a go.

I started with two coats of Dior Poppy on the underside of my nails, then applied two coats of Chanel Black Satin as usual, and topped it with a coat of SpaRitual Tout de Suite.  I didn't use any kind of top coat on Poppy - I figured two coats will be hard enough to take off, and didn't want to add a third.  Here's what the finished product looks like.

 

I like it, but from the top, it looks like plain black.  It takes closer inspection than the average person would give so see that it's a little more fun than that.



I've wanted to try this for about a year, and since I'm happy with it, I'm grateful to lausiepoos for her encouragement.  I'd planned to wear the two light CNYs I was telling you about yesterday next, but that's likely not in the cards for me!  I'll probably have to wear dark manis for a day or two until all the red is gone from the nail line, but that's okay.  I can finally say, and prove with pictures, that I was brave enough to try a Louboutin mani!

That's all I have for you for now, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment