Friday, January 23, 2009

Wet Velvet & Maybelline's Valentine's Day Pretties


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today is a nervous day for me - it's the first court appearance for my divorce.  I decided I should do a mani that would make me really, really happy, and I had just the thing - China Glaze's Wet Velvet.  My friend AuntEmmy sent this to me a while back, and I've been saving it for just such an occasion.

I'd heard WV is a dupe for OPI's Real Teal, and in the bottle, that looked like it was true.  On the nail, however, WV has a slight blue flash to it that Real Teal does not.  It's a miniscule difference, but a difference nonetheless.  Here she is - it took four coats, as the polish had thinned with age, but the result is more than worth the effort.

 

 

On to the other pretties!  I very recently came across Maybelline's Valentine's Day display with three glitter top coats, and couldn't resist a sale price combined the the additional $1 off coupons attached to the display.  Yesterday, I saw bottle pictures of the OPI European exclusive offerings for Valentine's Day, and it looks like two of these, the pink and the red,  seem to be dupes to those.  They're close enough that I have no need for the OPIs.  Here are bottle pictures, with the text of their names across the front being my addition.







I used the clear one over Essie Mesmerized yesterday, and took a quick and dirty picture to show my message board what it looked like while we were talking about them.  I've never had the patience to arrange the hearts nicely - I'm lucky I have the patience to fish them out of the bottle!  For the first coat, I did go fishing, picking out five hearts per nail.  Then I added a second coat to seal on the hearts, just taking whatever landed on the brush.  The hearts stayed sealed on well - I didn't lose a single one, nor did I have troubles with them catching on anything.  Here's the quickie picture of Clearly in Love applied.

 

That's what I have for you for now, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment