Saturday, January 31, 2009

L'Oreal Star Magnets in Silver


Good morning, Dear Reader!

This morning I have a tentative announcement of the winner of the Black Tie Optional: it was Sunny.  I have yet to receive a reply to the notification email, so I'll wait until next Friday to hear from her.  If I don't be then, I'll randomly select another winner, but in the meantime, I'll hope for a reply.

Today I continued my efforts to take advantage of my new nubbins by using polishes differently, and today I chose L'Oreal Star Magnets in Silver.  A friend of mine got these for me a while back, and I had yet to use Silver, so it seemed like it was worth a try to see if the star pattern would center on my nails.  Indeed it did!

To use these polishes, I apply one coat as usual.  Next time I'll use a regular polish that matches the color as the first coat, as it's been established that using the precious 9 ml Star Magnet as the second coat only works just as well as using it for both coats.  It's the second coat where the trick comes in.  Here, I apply another coat to one nail, hold the nail up to the magnet for eight seconds, then move on to the next nail until all ten have been painted and treated with the magnet.  I took pictures of the magnet for you to show you how it works - there's a little ledge on it to anchor the nail, and I use that holding my nail parallel to the magnet.

Here's the front view of the magnet, which is on a ring around the lid of the bottle.



Here's the side view if the magnet, which shows the little ledge upon which I anchor the tip of my nail.



That's the process I used, and now I'll show you my results, which I admittedly prefer over the Funky French I had using another Star Magnet on longer nails.

 

 

I'm a sucker for a good silver, which this is, and I really love the strange effect the magnet brings to it.  This is a mani that makes me happy I have nubbins, at least for today!

That's what I have for you for now, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment