Monday, January 5, 2009

Konadicures with an Update, a Sale, and the Poll Results


Good afternoon, Dear Reader!

I never did get back to sleep, and have been running on a total of three hours for some time now.  I'm too tired to do much of anything useful, so I've been testing nail polish with the Konad to see which regular polishes work.  The update in the title is that the results of the testing I've been doing indicate that opaque SpaRituals and Nubars work well with the Konad.  Good news, huh?  Here are two of my "tests."

The first is a pale SpaRitual.  With the Konadicure I showed you earlier today, I was convinced that the dark colors worked well, but I was not sure whether one of the pale colors would be substantial enough to work over a darker color.  I tested Thunder Road over Sephora by OPI Don't Go There, and it turned out beautifully.  I used a pattern from plate M63 and double-stamped my nails turning the pattern upside down on the second stamp, and I like the outcome.  To me, it gives the impresson of the water marbling I like so much, of which I've never been bold enough to brave the cleanup.  It was recently pointed out to me that I hadn't shown you my right hand in a while - I've included a picture of it just to reassure you it's still there.

 

 

 

I was all excited and went back to my ladies' message board to report my findings, and the question was posed to me by Michelle of A Stroke of Color whether Nubar cremes worked as well.  It had  never occurred to me to try one, despite my great love of Nubars, so shortly thereafter I decided to give it a try.  First, I stamped just one nail with Nubar's Lemon Sorbet to see how it would show up, and it turned out quite nicely.  I decided to forge on and do a new Konadicure to see how well a Nubar would fare.  I started with Nubar's Lemon Sorbet as a base and used the houndstooth pattern from plate M63 with Nubar's Orange Creme, and it turned out quite well.  Again, I had to double-stamp, and this time my fatigue was starting to show, so please forgive the overlap I have on some nails.  It still makes the point that the Orange Creme shows up quite well on the Lemon Sorbet.

 

 

Pretty happy news for those of us who are Konaddicts, huh?  No more tiny bottles of polish and streaking the pattern when applying top coat (notice that there are no streaks of the pattern with either Konadicure here).  For being totally useless today, at least I came up with something useful!

That's the update - now on to the sale.  Carolyn New York is having a great big 50% off sale with free shipping through January 10th.  That's right - the regularly $7.99 polishes are 50% off that price with free shipping (and a free base coat and top coat with every order).  Now's the time to load up on CNYs at www.CarolynNewYork.com with code HAPPYNEWYEAR.  The only one I've shown you here is Greenwich Ave, a fantastic green, but CNYs are wonderful and I have many, they're just still packed up.  The two greys, Handball Courts and Hangin' on the Stoop are almost dead-on dupes for Rescue Beauty Lounge's Concrete Jungle and Stormy (respectively), currently at 1/6th the price.  CNYs have my all-time favorite brush as well - it's what the OPI Pro-Wide wanted to be, with those proportions only scaled down to a usable size, and the handle is rubberized, so it's easy to hang onto.  Go take a look and load up - for $3.99, you can't go wrong!  I'm not affiliated with CNY at all, nor do I benefit if you check out the site or buy anything, it's just a great deal on a great product, and I wouldn't want you to miss out!

That brings us to the results of the poll.  Last week, I started a poll because I was wondering if I should take a little length off my nails, and the majority vote was that no, I should not, which was where I was leaning myself.  Thanks to all of you who voted - I appreciate your input!

I think that's everything, so I'll just wrap up.  Have a good rest of the day, Dear Reader, and until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment