Sunday, January 25, 2009

Nubar Pastel Fever


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have a great big giant post for you.  Since Nubar has two new collections coming out in February (I showed you the flyer for the Coral Collection recently, and the Cleopatra Collection's flyer is at the end of this post), some of you might be planning a Nubar haul, I thought I'd show you the Nubar collection that I have but haven't shown to you yet.  It's Pastel Fever, and has some spectacular colors for Spring.  The other cool thing I've found, for at least Orange Creme and Oh Baby Pink, is that they work for Konad stamping.  I've shown you some of these before as a base for Konadicures, as they're all great for that, but wanted to show you the colors on their own as well.

Each is three very thin coats over a base without top coat, and all are cremes.  Like other Nubar cremes I've used, they're exceptionally smooth and even, and easy to apply.  One note - their names are very simple and appropriate, so I have little commentary on the colors.  Here they are, in the order they're in the package.  

Baby Blue is first up, and I don't have another blue similar to this.

 

 

Green Tea is second, and I've shown this to you before with pink Konad on it.  This is a truly unique green.

 


Lemon Sorbet is my palest yellow, and the most streak-free of all my yellows.

 


Lavender is aptly named, and is just a perfect shade of Lavender.  This one begs me for some blue Konad!

 


Orange Creme is a great pastel Orange, and I've used it to Konad over Lemon Sorbet with great results.

 


The last three are pinks, but they're different from one another.  Pink Creme is the brightest of the three, yet still distinctly pastel.

 


Oh Baby Pink is paler than Pink Creme, and is my favorite for a pink base for Konad.

 


The palest, of course, is Baby Pink, and is on my list of polishes to try for stamping with Konad.

 


That, Dear Reader, is Nubar's Pastel Fever.  Whew!  I love them one and all, and wanted to give you a look at them to help you plot a Nubar haul, and hope the pictures are useful to you.  Here's the promo picture of the second set to be released that I promised at the beginning of this post, the Cleopatra Collection, just so you know what's coming up.
 

One a completely unrelated note, this coming Friday I'm doing a random drawing for a brand spankin' new bottle of OPI's Black Tie Optional.  If you haven't entered yet, please do!  The drawing is open to all readers worldwide, your name will show on the list of entries as you enter it (so no need to enter your full name), and your email address will only be used to notify you that you've won.  In case you've never seen this hard to find polish, here it is!

 



Good luck, and until tomrrow, Dear Reader, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment