Saturday, January 17, 2009

Man Glaze!


Good morning, Dear Reader!

Today I have something fun for you: Man Glaze!  I received samples from Man Glaze in yesterday's mail, which I picked up early this morning, and wanted to play with them right away.  Man Glaze is a Chicago-based (local) company with a great sense of humor, and they make some cool polishes.  They have two colors, both of which I'll show you today, and the original intention of them is that they're matte colors for men.  However, I found that with a coat of Seche Vite on them, they're fabulous and sparkly, too.  In the bottle, their sparkly potential shows, but they very quickly dry to a matte finish and that subsides.  A quick coat of top coat brings it right back, making them something I'll absolutely wear.

I'll get straight to the pictures to show you what I mean.  I photographed each color after it dried matte and then with a coat of SV so you can see the difference.  Each is two coats over a base.

We'll start with the grey, Fuggen Ugly (I told you they have a sense of humor)!  Here it is on its own, as it's intended to be worn.

 

 

Then I added a coat of Seche Vite and the sparkly goodness returned.

 

 

The other color, a black called The Death Tar, is the same way.  Here it is on its own.

 

 

And here it is transformed by top coat.


 

 

That's Man Glaze for you!  I'm all for stimulating the local economy, so I encourage you to order them.  Truthfully, these are two I'm glad I have just for the names, and the grey is the sparkliest grey that I have (and I'm all for both grey an sparkly, so I'm happy!).  Here's a link to their site (remember to have a sense of humor as you browse...), and here's a link to purchase them for $6.66 (!!!) each.

That's what I have for you this morning, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!



No comments:

Post a Comment