Thursday, January 8, 2009

Rescue Beauty Lounge Pepto Pink


Good morning, Dear Reader!

I'm so enthralled with my Black Satin & Konad manicure from yesterday that I'm keeping it for another day (*gasp*).  By using Chanel base coat and SpaRitual Tout de Suite top coat, Chanels last for days on me (and I've also found that SpaRitual Color Lock base coat and Poshe top coat work with them, too), bypassing the chippiness that many attribute to them.  The good news is that I try to keep a few pics held back for just such occasions, and I have one from the past week for you:  RBL's Pepto Pink.

This was a longtime lemming for me, and I don't know why.  There are so many similar pinks, but the notion of one exactly the color of Pepto Bismol appealed to me more than I can tell you - kind of like the way that China Glaze's For Audrey is the Tiffany color, only less upscale!  I finally got it, and it's just what I'd hoped for - I absolutley love it.  Here are pictures of three thin coats with a base and top coat.

 



Pretty, huh?

The other good news is that my CNYs (Carolyn New Yorks) arrived yesterday, so CNY is doing a good job of getting the orders out.  In case you missed that post, they're 50% off with free shipping through the 10th with code HAPPYNEWYEAR at www.carolynnewyork.com.  At the time I ordered, there was an error on the site that cause mine to be discounted an additional dollar, so I ended up with some fabulous CNYs for $2.99 each (they're $3.99 now, still a great price).  Can't beat that!  Two in particular are noteworthy - I've had an attraction to RBL's Bikini Bottom and Square Pants, but have been told that those are four-coaters (probably five for me).  For me, that would mean about four or five manicures from the bottle, and so I've passed on them.  Well, two of the CNYs seem to be very close to the two RBLs - Blue Skies over the City looks very close to Bikini Bottom, and Summer in the City is really close to Square Pants.  Since I don't have the RBLs, I can't do a side-by-side comparison, but they're close enough from the pictures I've seen for me to be completely satisfied with what I have.  Also, CNY's Handball Courts is just shy of being a dead-on dupe for RBL Concrete Jungle (the CNY has a very slight shimmer, and the RBL does not) and Hangin' on the Stoop is a dupe for RBL's Stormy - those, I did do a bottle comparison of, but the pictures are long gone so you'll have to take my word for it.  I got a few other CNYs that interested me just because I didn't know when the next time I'll have them in my hot little hands for $2.99 would be, and there's not a  loser in the bunch - I was really excited about each of them, adnd it took a lot of will power to leave my current mani alone to enjoy for another day.  I took bottle pictures of all of them for some of the ladies on my nail care board, and if you're interested in seeing them before buying, please feel free to email me and I'll send you links to the pictures.

That's the update for now, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment