Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy New Year!


Happy New Year, Dear Reader!  I hope 2009 brings all kinds of good things your way!

I'm kicking off 2009 with my continued bout of insomnia, so I'm up and posting at 4:30 in the morning.  Whenever I bound out of bed at 3:00 am, I think of Nietzsche's warning not to trust the man who doesn't sleep well.  Then I remind myself that he was a notorious insomniac and died an insane addict, and dismiss the notion altogether...

On to nail polish!  Last night I decided I'd start the New Year with the stiffest thing I drink these days - a Cuppa Joe.

 

 

However, I ran into my first ever encounter with Creative's difficult drying.  I don't normally do my nails in the evening, so that's probably why I haven't had this problem before.  I took the pictures last night, waited well over an hour, and woke up with nails chock full o' sheet prints and hair marks.  That won't do!  Sheetprinted nails would drive me crazy all day, so I went about the business of correcting that. 

I decided to look in my train case, which holds all of 32 nail polishes.  Since I have, oh, we'll say infinitely many polishes just to be vague, the 32 in the train case are ones that I don't believe I could replace.  When I open it, it emits a gold glow like the suitcase in Pulp Fiction.  I looked for something that seemed appropriate to wrap up the holiday season, and FingerPaints Festive Claret seemed to fit the bill perfectly.  I changed my mani, took some pictures for you, and here I am posting them.  The pictures don't quite capture the shimmery, glittery goodness of this one, but they're as close as I could get.

 

 

That's the story of my first morning of 2009.  The down side is that there's not much to do at this hour except watch recaps of 2008 until I'm ready to throttle someone, but the upside is that I'll be doing the throttling with some fabulous nails.  And I'm drinking some really good coffee, so I can't complain too much.

I hope 2009 brings you all the happiness and good things you desire, Dear Reader, and until next time, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment