Monday, January 5, 2009

Surreal & Lovely Lavender


Good morning, Dear Reader!

I've discovered that there's little to do at 3:00 a.m. on a Monday other than watch Meet the Press, so I played with the Konad while I did so this morning.

After the vibrant reds I've worn the past few days, I decided to try a color that is a bit more subdued, and selected Nubar's Lavender as my base.  For the Konad, I wanted a blue, and since SpaRitual Impression worked so well with it as a red, I thought I'd try Surreal for a navy blue design.  I haven't used the ribbon pattern from plate M57 for a while, and chose it.  I know it's over-the-top cutesy, but that's much of its appeal to me - I find that entertaining.  It turned out that Surreal worked beautifully with the Konad, which pleased me, but when I looked at the completed pattern, it seemed like there was still a lot of real estate left uncovered.  I went back to the Konad plates, this time choosing plate M59.  I used its "Lovely" with hearts pattern for my ring fingers, but thought that would be a bit much on all ten fingers even for me, so I used one of the heart patterns from the same plate for the other eight nails.  My finished manicure ended up with a few red linty bits from the felt I used on the Konad, which I hope you'll forgive of a manicure started at 2:30 a.m.  Here's what I came up with:

 



That's all I have for you for now, Dear Reader.  Until later, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment