Sunday, August 24, 2008

SpaRitual Inspired Collection for Fall 2008

Good morning, Dear Reader! Today I had the joy and honor of swatching the SpaRitual Inspired Collection (Fall 2008) for you, which are our pictures for today. Their official release date is September 1, but I was able to get hold of them a little early for you. They will be available this week, prior to their "official" release date, from sparkling*nails on ebay, and there's a link to her store on the right side of this page under nail polish resources. Be sure to tell her Siobhan sent you - she's wonderful!

As has been the case most days here lately, it's another partly cloudy day and my light is inconsistent. I did the best I could with what I had, swatching like a mad woman sitting on the patio on the 25th floor of my building with the wind blowing like crazy, getting whatever sunlight I could. Here are the results of my swatching frenzy, and just to deviate from what's become the norm of alphabetical order, they're in the order that I like them, from greatest to least (with least still being quite a bit).













The only reason the lovely Muse got last place is that it appears that it will be a three-coater (with all pictures showing two coats over a base coat without top coat). Impression came in at number five because no red can trump my beloved Dior Poppy, but quite honestly, this came close. Many true reds show a VNL in two coats, and this did not, so it's definitley one that I will use. Surreal, at number four, is a wonderful blue with a subtle shimmer, but I don't know that it's entirely unique. I don't believe there's one exactly like it, but there are many that are close, so it came in a little lower than it would were there not so many blues available. Primitive is at number three because it's not too far off from OPI's Louvre Me, Louvre Me Not - it's a red plum shade with a great SpaRitual shimmer. Mood landed in second place, much to my surprise, because it's not just a plain charcoal shimmer as I thought it would be. It's charcoal with a deep green cast to it, and is a really unique color. That brings us to my favorite, Solitude, an amazing blue violet purple cream. It's absolutely unique in my collection, and with purple being my very favorite color and blue being in the top few, it was immediately the one I was most drawn to. I'll be wearing this one a lot this Fall, and relishing every minute of it.

In the original version of the post, I did not know the name of this collection and have been since reminded that it's Inspired. Thank you to the Dear Reader who reminded me!

So there you have it, Dear Reader - you now know what you can expect from SpaRitual's Inspired Collection for Fall 2008!

Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment