Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Essie's Fall 2008 Collection

Good evening, Dear Reader. I'm late to this party - barely even showing up. But I do have pictures of Essie's Fall 2008 Collection for you. I'll just present this one in alphabetical order - there's no internal struggle for a favorite because I'm just not too worked up about this collection, so alphabetical it is.













These pictures were taken in direct sunlight, swatched over a basecoat, using two coats for all but Lacy Not Racy and Tomboy No More, which required three coats to match bottle color. Even with three coats, I have VNL with those two, but simply didn't have the patience to see if a fourth coat would improve matters. They're definitely jellies, I'll give them that... Big Spender and No Boundaries are too close to one another to be in a collection together, I think. Big Spender is just a touch more purple than No Boundaries, and that's really only noticeable holding the bottles next to each other. Forever Young held promise, being such a vivid red, but there's VNL with it as well, so I'll likely reserve it for pedicures. That leaves us with Swept Off My Feet, which has somewhat of a jelly texture but is opaque in two coats. It doesn't sweep me off my feet at all - there's nothing terrible about it, but there's also nothing fantastic about it. Overall, my sense is that I'm underwhelmed, especially knowing that Essie is capable of some fantastic colors (I've posted pictures here of Starry Starry Night and Dominica Green, for example).

Now you've seen it: Essie's Fall 2008 Collection. Love and nail polish to you, Dear Reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment