Sunday, August 31, 2008

The Racing Stripe Mani

Good Morning, Dear Reader! Thanks to those of you who've already cast your vote regarding the new layout.

Today's pic is not something new, but something fun. I was recently chatting with someone about simple nail art, and this mani popped into my head as we chatted. It stayed there, and I executed it last night. I took the time to do a full mani last night because I found that although my cuticles looked just dandy walking around, I did not think they were in condition to withstand the close magnification of the new photo size and needed some help if I'm going to make them so big. So I took some time to tidy them up, then applied two coats of Misa Dying Love and topped it with a red glitter nail art striper. For those of you who know details of my personal life, Dying Love topped with bright red glitter is perfect!



This mani isn't exactly right - ideally, the stripes would be more perfectly centered, even and straight. However, for my first attempt, I'm pleased with it. It does make me want a Konad stamper more than ever, for being able to stamp perfect patterns onto my nails would please me to no end. The Konad's been bumped up on my Wish List, and will likely mean cutting back on some polish purchases in order to get one this month.

The good news is that the folks at CHI have promised me some samples which I'm hoping to have soon (which would give me my New Polish Fix), and we'll see if they come through with that. You'll know that they did when my excited post about them comes, and know that they didn't if it never does.

That's it for now, Dear Reader. I may have more for you later, but in the meantime, love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment