Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Color Club Dance to the Musique

Well, Dear Reader, I managed to get my swatches completed while the sun was on my side, and so I have photos of Color Club's Dance to the Musique Collection for you.

I'll have to ask your forgiveness for my application on some of these. I was sitting on the patio on the 25th floor of my building to swatch, and the building is in downtown Chicago within a mile of the lake. That makes for some strong, gusty wind for swatching! It still seemed more practical than running back and forth between my apartment 18 floors below and the patio, so this is the very best I could do for you. As I said, the sun held out beautifully for me, so I had consistent light for the swatches, and all are two coats over a base coat (Nailtek Foundation II Ridge Filling), photographed wet with no top coat. The pictures are in the order that I like them, greatest to least, although I'm pleased with even the least.













Feel the Beat came in last simply because orange is not one of my favorite colors, but it's a really good orange with a remarkable shimmer. After Hours came in at number five only because there are so many other charcoal greys available. In the bottle, I thought it would be just another black shimmer, but was surprised and pleased with the color on the nail. Slow Jam, a great warm red-brown shimmer comes in at number four only because Velvet Rope is such a fantastic red that it had to be one above Slow Jam. There was no way to place Groove Thang and Electronica side-by-side, but they're in a dead tie for number one. I went back and forth several times deciding which should be displayed first, and decided on Electronica because it's such a unique color. Of course, I'm completely biased because purple is my favorite color and both of these are great purple-based colors, and these are simply my thoughts on this collection and the order in which I like them. Just this morning I was telling someone that I was in search of a good orange shimmer, and I think I've found it here - even number six will get some use.

There you have it, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment