Saturday, August 30, 2008

OPI Ghostess with the Mostess

Hello again, Dear Reader.

I thought I was done, but came back and saw a comment pointing out that I'd previously shown you one of the polishes in my last post. I took that as throwing down the gauntlet for me to show you something you hadn't seen, and I have it here. I'm sure I haven't posted this one before because I never was able to get the photograph I wanted, nor have I seen it anywhere else. I also wanted to test letting you see a larger version of the picture if you click on it. My first idea didn't work, so I'll just give you a link to the full size picture under the image for now.

So, on to our picture...



Full Size

So, white. What's so special about white? I'll tell you, Dear Reader. This one glows in the dark. Really, really *glows* in the dark. Ghostess didn't look, in the bottle, as though it would be opaque on its own so I applied two thin coats of Misa Heaven White, then used two thin coats of Ghostess with the Mostess, topped with one coat of Poshe.

The bathrooms in my apartment have no windows, so as soon as it was dry, I went into one and shut the door. The reflection looking back at me in the mirror was a sight to see - ten eerily glowing disembodied nails floating in the air! There was simply no way to get a picture in such low light with my camera (God knows I tried...), but I know that this one is going to be some real fun at a Halloween bonfire I plan to attend, especially since that's two months off and my nails should be good and long again by then.

I received my bottle of Ghostess as a gift, but I believe that a good seller on ebay, sparkling*nails (linked on the right, and with whom I'm not affiliated other than as a customer) is selling it now. It's a promotional, not-for-sale product, so it doesn't come cheap, but if the notion of white glowing nails in the dark appeals to you, it's worth it! Be sure to tell her Siobhan sent you if you decide to spring for it - she'll take good care of you.

That, Dear Reader, is really all I have for today. love and nail polish to you!

EDIT: One more thing - the most common criticism I've received is that my pictures, limited by my blog template, have been too small. I just made the adjustments in the html code to change that, and will post a poll for your preferences. The upside to the new format is that the pictures will be much larger, but the downside is that the page might take longer to load, even after I've modified the number of posts to display. Cast your vote, and majority rules by next Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment