Saturday, August 30, 2008

Reader Request: A Look at Yellows, Part I

Good afternoon, Dear Reader.

I've fulfilled a reader request for a look at some yellows today. I wanted to do this comparison because previously my favorite yellow was Rescue Beauty Lounge's Yellow Fever, but I'm not a big fan of its $18 price tag. When I recently used Misa's Happy Happy, I wanted to compare the two to see if they really were as close to one another as I thought. I also wanted to look at Sephora by OPI's Cab Fare as compared to OPI's Cabana Banana, and killed two birds with one stone here. I added Piggy Polish's Lemonade 5¢ just because it's another favored yellow and I wanted to see how it stood up to the others.
Thumb to pinky, they're Lemonade 5¢ (PP), Yellow Fever (RBL), Happy Happy (Misa), Cab Fare ($OPI), Cabana Banana (OPI). All are three coats (yellows tend to be difficult and streaky, requiring three) topped with one coat of Poshe.



In the bottle, the Misa and RBL don't look too similar, but I certainly think they do on the nail. Given the difference in cost, my beloved Yellow Fever has been bumped by Happy Happy for my favorite yellow. Although Cab Fare and Cabana Banana are not dupes, they're close enough that I don't know that adding Cab Fare to the stash was necessary. Truthfully, I'd hoped it would be totally opaque, but I still have VNL even with three coats.

Once I finished with that, I decided I'd rather do a full mani than redo my left hand with the five coats of Lucy in the Sky that I did last night. Just as a bonus pic for the dark color lovers, here's what I changed to, $OPI I'm with Brad.



That's all for today, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment