Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sephora by OPI: Autumn and Eve Collection

Good evening, Dear Reader. I wanted to provide more for you today than just my VIP Status picture from this morning, and discovered that persistance will overcome even dial-up...

This is the post I'd planned for today, Sephora by OPI (or SOPI)'s Autumn and Eve Collection. The two that I think have inaccurate descriptions on Sephora's site are Never Enough Shoes, as it's described as having "glitter," but it's more like microglitter, and Run with It!, where Sephora doesn't describe the great sparkle this one has. Here they are in alphabetical order:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

One note about the pictures - "partly cloudy" has been the weather here, and it shows a bit in the inconsistency of the available sunlight. Please forgive that detail for now, and I'll work on getting some consistent lighting conditions for you.

I really, really wanted to hate these, as I'm not accustomed to paying anywhere near the retail price of an OPI, and these are $0.50 more at $9. However, I must confess that I love everything about them. The bottle and brush handle are well-shaped to hold, the brush is like an old OPI brush, and each color went on smoothly, nearly opaque in one coat, with all of the pictures showing two thin coats (while all from the OPI France collection took 3 coats for me). I can't hate them, no matter how much I wanted to - they're just wonderful, and make me wonder why, if OPI is capable of this quality, we're not consistently getting it in their regular line or collections.

So there you have it - Sephora by OPI's Fall 2008 collection.

That's all for today. Love and nail polish to you, Dear Reader!

No comments:

Post a Comment