Friday, August 15, 2008

Glitter From the Box o' Love: CND Disco Ball

Good morning, Dear Reader! As yesterday afternoon's post showed, I got into the box of amazing polishes one of my dear nailboard friends sent to me this week. I continued to play into the evening, being quite daring by applying three coats of a Creative Nail Designs polish just an hour before bed. Fortunately, my go-to product for drying many coats of difficult to dry polish worked: Poshe Quick Dry Top Coat. It doesn't shine the way Seche Vite does, but when I need to dry many layers of a harder-to-dry polish (such as CND and some Chanels), it gets the job done for me. I woke up sans sheetmarks and to a beautiful sunny day, so I was able to take some pictures for you.

Those of you who know me know that glitter is my kryptonite - I simply melt in the presence of all things glittery. When I saw the bottle of Disco Ball, I knew I was in love. It's pure glittery goodness, silver glitter with the occasional holographic bit here and there, and is opaque in three coats (nails fully encrusted in glitter). There's another fact I should mention here: opacity is an absolute must for me. Being able to see a VNL (visible nail line), the line where the white part of the nail meets the nail bed, is simply intolerable to me. That's one of the reasons Disco Ball makes me so happy - my nails are ten little disco balls with no VNL.

Disco Ball is another fabulous little pretty that for some reason unbeknownst to me has been discontinued. The word is that CND will be limiting themselves to 40 core colors (of which I don't have a list handy), so if you have an opportunity to pick up Disco Ball, go for it!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Clearly, this will be a giant PITA to remove, but to me the glittery goodness is well worth the effort of extra coats and difficult, messy removal. I'd like to thank Love8Brain once more for this fabulous pretty, and ask you, Dear Reader, if you have any favorite glitter polishes and what they are, if you'd care to share - I'd love to know of more great sparkly goodies.

I hope we all have another wonderful day!

No comments:

Post a Comment