Thursday, August 28, 2008

Reader Request Mani & $OPI Brunette on the Internet

Good morning, Dear Reader!

Yesterday morning I found that I had the time to change my NOTD to a reader request from my number one fan, who asked for a Rainbow Mani.



The colors used, from thumb to pinky, were Color Club Velvet Rope, Color Club Feel the Beat, Rescue Beauty Lounge Yellow Fever, Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear Emerald City, and Misa A Sin Worth Committing. As I went about my day with this mani, I was surprised at how many compliments I received. One instance was when paying a cashier - she grabbed my hand and asked, "Are those real nails?" When I confirmed that they were, she asked what each color was, and ended the conversation with, "That's so cool - it's like crayons!" It was a fun mani to wear. The only thing I'd change about it is the fact that Yellow Fever's shimmer is not consistent with that of the other four colors, but I don't know that I have a true yellow with a matching shimmer. Perhaps OPI Cabana Banana over Milani Soft White would have done the job a little better.

But today is a new day, so I have a new NOTD: Sephora by OPI ($OPI) Brunette on the Internet.



I love the color, but would be more fond of the name if it were "Redhead on the Internet," because then it would be talking about me (which is not too much criticism for a polish!). This one did take three thin coats to be opaque and even, the first time an opaque $OPI has required more than two coats for me. I'm still thrilled with the application and end result, another $OPI success. Unfortunately, I'm becoming addicted to Sephora by OPI.

That's all for now, Dear Reader. Love and nail polish to you!

No comments:

Post a Comment